Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Am I Crazy To Get Pet Medical Insurance?

People call me crazy because I tell them I talk to my pets. Well, they don't actually call me crazy for talking to my pets they call me crazy because I tell them my pets talk back to me. And they do. But, am I crazy to get pet medical insurance?

You see, my pets are like family to me. I value and love my pets. I have health insurance for my family members. I have life insurance for my family. I have insurance on my home and my car. Why shouldn't I have pet medical insurance for my pets?

The other day I was talking to my pet Labrador retriever - his name is Scully. I said to him "Scully, you are my best friend in the whole world. You are loyal and you are always there when I need you. I think I'm going to get pet medical insurance for you."

Scully looked at me with an odd expression on his face and said "Ralph, I am just a dog. Why in the world would you get pet medical insurance for me?"

I said to Scully "Because if something were to happen to you and I couldn't afford to pay for a Vet and medicine to take care of you I don't know what I would do."

Scully looked at me with that whimsical innocent look only a dog could have and said to me "Ralph, you're my best friend too. And if getting pet medical insurance for me will make you feel better and set your mind at ease then please go ahead and do it."

Then Scully walked over to me and gave me a big wet dog lick all over my face. I had to laugh at that. Scully always knows how to make me feel better.

That afternoon while we were out for a walk Scully said to me "Ralph, as long as you are thinking about getting me pet medical insurance have you thought about getting me pet life insurance as well?"

That made me think. Scully is one smart dog.

I just can't decide. Whether to get pet medical insurance or not. It's driving me crazy. The story is here Pet Medical Insurance.

No comments:

Blog Archive